Sunday, February 12, 2012

Omelets

 Omelets are simple but  can be very tricky especially trying to get the middle cooked and be presented correctly. I had a really hard time mastering this I tried flipping it all over like a big pancake but that ended up more times as a scramble and being burned on one side. What I have learned to do is once you have your egg mixture and ingredients in your omelet have it on a low temp, so the out side of the omelet will not burn . As you see the outer edges of the omelet forming and stiffing  put a pot lid over the omelet  and it will start cooking the middle, you only need to keep the lid on for a couple of min until you see it cooking in the middle. Then I fold it over with a spatula  (make sure the edges are stiff and the egg looks cooked) Then there is the wonderful half moon shape in the pan giving you a smile saying well done, well at least I always smile with a little bit of pride when the omelet comes out. If you see  juices coming out of the omelet while it is still cooking  I put the lid  back on for a min or so and it will cook the raw part.. Then transfer  to a plate top the omelet with  what you love ( I always top it with Avocado) Enjoy!!!

The picture above is a simple ham, cheese, and veggie omelet.
Good Morning Omelet
Ingredients 
1. Ham 1/2 cup ( you can use lunch meat if that is what you have)
2.Cheddar Cheese 1/2 a cup 
3. Tomato chopped in cubes quater of a tomato
4. Spinach
5. 2 eggs
6. splash of milk or creme ( I used creme in this omelet the person I was fixing this for need some fating up. I wish I needed that problem )
7. Salt and Pepper to taste
8. Chives for garnish

Crack eggs in a bowl add the creme or milk and salt and pepper. Beat the eggs and milk until all combined and it a frothy. Poor your egg mixture into your omelet pan on low heat  that had been greased. Then add the rest of your ingredients cook through for a couple of min and then fold the omelet. Plate and Enjoy!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment